Friday, February 5, 2010

Fortuitous

fortuitous (fawr-TOO-i-tuhs) 
adjective

1. happening or produced by chance

2. lucky; fortunate


This is my lucky day.  I have been trying to buy a small black table to decorate my foyer/entryway.  I found one on Monday at Ross for a reasonable price.  The only problem was that it had baskets for drawers, and they were not the right color.  See?  Way too light to go with the rug.


So I went to the store and bought some primer spray paint and what I thought would be a nice sage green to spray-paint the baskets.  After two days of on and off painting in my pantry and stinking up the house (it was way too cold and wet to do this outside) I put the baskets in this morning and noticed something.  They looked terrible.  Way too bright and kind of Incredible-Hulk green, if you know what I mean.

So I went BACK to the store and bought a darker green to repaint them with.  The sun was shining and it was above freezing, so I set up on the back patio and got busy.  Not only was it a much better color, but the darker green looks AMAZING over the lighter green underneath.  Talk about a fortunate accident!  I love it.  How fortuitous for me.


4 comments:

*Jess* said...

It looks great! Very nice with the rug :)

Christy Peake said...

Love it!!! I'm quite addicted to sprat paint myself! Looks great!

SCNONI said...

I'm with Jess and think it picks up the green in the rug.

Julie in the studio said...

Anita. I am proud of you! ...and you didn't even call me for advice on the first terrible go around with the paint.! You did great.