Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Don't Snore

Every night I sing to my kids at bedtime.  They all have their favorite song, which I sing every night - even Connor. Olivia's is "Mother, Tell Me A Story"; Connor's is "I Am a Child of God"; and Kelsey's is "Jesus Loves Me".

Tonight I went in to sing to the girls when I got home from grocery shopping.  They had already been in bed a few minutes and were feeling a little goofy.  I sang to Olivia, then went over to Kelsey's bed where she was pretending to be asleep by snoring loudly.  Then she opened her little devil-eyes, looked at me oh-so-sweetly, and said, "Mommy, that's what you sound like when you're asleep."

Ha!  I don't snore.  Much.  So as I was singing her special song to her, I felt the inclination to change it just a little.  Here's the song Kelsey got tonight:

Jesus loves me, this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
But if you pick on your mom 'cause she snores,
He won't love you anymore.

Needless to say, the ensuing laughter and requests for a repeat performance were NOT conducive to sleepy-time.  Guess I should have thought that one out a little better.

3 comments:

*Jess* said...

LOL! That is too funny!!!

Daniel said...

HA HA HA!!! Wonderful

Jessica Crews said...

this is so funny!!!! way to get back at her anita, but even though it kept her up laughing, it was hilarious!!!