Friday, September 16, 2011

Our New Friends!

All night I've been trying to catch up on my blogging for one main purpose: to introduce you to our new friends, Kim and Mai!

(And for those of you who may wonder why I didn't just skip ahead to them and go back and finish blogging that other stuff... I guess you don't know me very well.  I'm too OCD for that.  Everything must be done in order.)

So.  On to Kim and Mai.  Who are they, you ask?

Recently I heard about CRISP (Community Responding to International Students Program) at one of the local universities here.  It's a family friendship program which connects local families with the international students attending there to give both groups the opportunity to learn more about the others' culture and make new friends.  A few weeks ago I asked Ben if we could participate and he agreed.  So I filled out an application and said that we would be happy to "host" one or two students.  This past Wednesday was the meet and greet kick-off dinner, and we met our newest friends.  Mai is on the left, and Kim is on the right.  They are both from Vietnam, so we hope to learn a lot about them and their country this year!  I can already tell we are going to have a lot of fun.


3 comments:

Kim said...

oh Dear, it's so sweet reading your writing and listening to those lovely songs. It makes me feel so warm. Thanks a lot for giving me these great moments. :)

Amberdawn said...

How fun! We had Japanese exchange students stay with as a few times when I was little. It's great to learn about others cultures!

quynhmai said...

I love every member of your family. We had great time last weekend. I am so happy to be a member of your family.