Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Candid Cook: Double-Decker Tortilla Pizzas

Remember those homemade tortillas I was blogging about a couple of weeks ago?  Well, I made some the other night for dinner and we ended up with a bunch leftovers.  We didn't get to them fast enough a couple of days later they weren't soft enough to eat for my taste.  However, I didn't want them to go to waste.  

Solution?

Double-decker tortilla pizzas!


This was all that was left by the time I thought to snap a picture.  I simply laid out a tortilla, spread it with our usual pizza sauce (which I'll have to post the recipe for here someday), and sprinkled with cheese.  Then you  repeat: lay, spread, and sprinkle!

If you had any pepperoni or sauteed mushrooms and peppers you could add that to the middle, too.
Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted in the middle.  (I do think I under-cooked these a little, by the way, so your cheese should be lightly browned on top.)

I fed this to the younger kids while the adults had black bean and chicken enchiladas... yum... It was a win for everyone that night!

No comments: