Saturday, January 3, 2009

Scooters

Well, we have a lot of pictures and videos that we'd like to post, but we're not going to overwhelm everyone all at once. I'll just put them up a little at a time over the next couple of weeks. First, let me say we had a fabulous Christmas, and my mom coming for a visit the day after was like the cherry on top. Well, it would have been if I liked those kind of cherries. I guess it was more like the hot fudge on top.


So anyhow, our last couple of weeks have been very nice. And I think Santa gets extra brownie points this year for bringing the girls a pair of scooters. They have been out on them every day since except Sunday. Olivia has "scootered" before, but it was brand new to Kelsey. The video below was taken Jan. 2nd - about a week after they got the scooters. You can see just how good they have gotten! Kelsey has improved tremendously, and Olivia has learned a few tricks on her own. And Olivia just leaned over my shoulder and said, "Be sure and tell them that whatever Kelsey learned, she learned from me." It's true enough - they've been up and down our road for hours every day, in both warm and cold weather. Kudos to Santa for the bonus exercise!! Now I just need to get roller blades and I can join them... Be sure and note the great safety procedures they have at the end of the video!

No comments: