Thursday, June 25, 2009

Unbelievable!


Last night it happened. Ben and I were fast asleep in our bed, and suddenly without warning there was a crash and an outcry. The outcry was from me because our ceiling fan (which had been running, of course) had ripped out of our ceiling and fallen on me. Fortunately, it only got my leg and I've got plenty of muscle/fat padding there! Once we were sure my leg wasn't broken Ben moved the ceiling fan to the garage (see picture above) and we flipped the power back on (the fuse had blown) and tried to get back to sleep. In our post-adreneline high we laughed in bed about the irony, the chances, what have you. And although I have had some... interesting... personal accidents in our marriage, this one can not be held against me! I had nothing to do with it. I was not clumsy or thoughtless or blind in this one. But really - what were the chances??


Now that it's morning, I'm just ticked. That ceiling fan was old, and it has wobbled (loudly!) since we moved in, but of course if it's not falling on you, leaking water, or 900 degrees in your house, it's not important enough to fix. Although I've been and am grateful for the roof over our heads (especially considering we had to live in Intown Suites for a week when we got here!) I'm just fed up with the problems of this old townhouse. It will be nice when we move.

11 comments:

Connie said...

I have always wondered about having a fan over the bed...I have never heard of this happening to ANYONE else!

P.S. I have one over my bed as well!

scchesleys said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Only you would have a ceiling fan fall on you!

scchesleys said...

BTW, just told Mike and he laughed and laughed! He said there's no guarantee that the ceiling of the camper won't fall in when you're here.

Amberdawn said...

I'm sad to say that even when it is leaking water on you and it's hotter than heck, it's still not important enough to fix. At least not without numerous calls and threats of bodily harm to the office manager. I'm sorry your fan fell on you. Oh the woes of living here. It's ghetto. Speaking of ghetto, at least your oven knobs don't fall off and your bathtub isn't covered in duct tape to keep the water in, you don't have a mold factory in your garage and your carpet doesn't poke holes in your childrens feet. Your A/C was fixed promptly even though it wasn't broke and you got the apartment with the luxurious stove that was manufactured after 1940! Not to make light of a fan falling on you, ouch! Let me know how the call to the office goes! Tell them you were injured and want one free month for you and your neighbor to compensate! Hahhahahahahhahahhahhahahhahah

Alyssa said...

wow! that is crazy! i'm glad y'all are alright. it makes for a pretty fantastic story though.

SCNONI said...

I don't know of anyone that has more FANtastic adventures than you.

Anita said...

Oh, Mom, that's a terrible pun!

scchesleys said...

That's my mom!

*Jess* said...

Um, I'm glad you are okay!! I don't know if I could sleep under a ceiling fan after that!

Christy said...

Oh My!! This has always been a secret fear of mine. Our runs non stop all summer. I'm always afraid it's gonna just give out. Glad you're okay!!

Joe said...

OK...thats my girl...

Dad