Thursday, August 16, 2012

What's in a Setting?

I love my camera.

I've had it for a couple of years now, and lately I've been afraid it was starting to lose it's charm.

You see, all my pictures indoors have been turning out yellowish or blurry unless I use the flash, which I HATE to do.

Even my family reunion pictures...
(It was so, so sad!)

And then tonight, I figured it out.

I was taking a picture for a recipe I made up that I thought I might want to blog about.  It looked terrible.

But I love to use the nifty close-up setting on my camera, so I went to change it for the pictures thinking I'd get a better shot.  I couldn't believe it when I saw my camera has been on the "sunset" setting!  And since I stopped taking pictures regularly this summer, I never even thought to check it at the reunion!

See how much better it looks now?

Of course, I still have to do a little "clean up" on the photo software to make the plate look white and the counter the right color... But the light really wasn't all that good in my kitchen.

Mystery solved!

It's just too bad I can't get a "do-over" for the reunion and get some better pictures...

2 comments:

Christy Peake said...

Do you have a white balance setting? Makes a huge difference!!

*Jess* said...

just about to suggest White Balance!