Monday, March 5, 2012

The Cure for Monday Blues

Normally I love Mondays.  Really, I do.  A week full of endless possibilities...

This morning was an exception - in a big way.

First I woke up exhausted thanks to Maddox who got up a couple times last night.  Not to mention the fact that I didn't get any laundry done last week, so I was faced with this:
 (It should be noted that I had already washed 2 loads by this point.)

Everyone was cranky, and I made the mistake of giving Maddox yogurt for breakfast.  Why is that a mistake, you ask?  Because he's rather lactose intolerant - can't handle dairy in large quantities.  Which probably explains why he threw up a little while playing with the Legos.  In the Lego bin, no less.  Which led to this:

Meanwhile, Connor was spending time with the new lady-friend in his life - his speech therapist, Ms. Diana.

We love her.  Maddox especially likes to get into her toys.

By the time 9am rolled around, I knew it was going to be one of those mornings.

So I did what any self-respecting mom would do: I took the kids to the free day at the dinosaur museum, and I took backup in the form of my friend, Lori.

And after letting the kids get crushed by the mastadon, I felt a little bit better.


 
The lighting is pretty dim in the dinosaur museum except where the natural light comes on, so my pictures are always lousy in there.  However, we did go up to the landing before we left, and I got some adorable pictures of my Kelsey-Bug.  I love that girl - she's so full of life.


And this is my favorite picture of the visit: Lori with Maddox.  He loves her, and vice versa.  And that's one less kid I need to chase on my own.

After the museum, it was time for the picnic lunch and playground.  
What is it with boys and trucks?  









1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm floored to see that you own laundry baskets. Plural. Maybe it would take less time to boil all your clothes in a big vat like in the olden days.