Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Project 31


I have made a decision.  
And it's the type of decision that I'll only stick to if I tell people about it.


My biggest weakness is sweets.  
Especially when I'm stressed out.
It doesn't help that I'm so good at baking them.
And though I'm not consuming thousands of calories a day in sweets, 
I do feel like I'm using it as a crutch for good mental health.
(Bad Day = Hot Cocoa)
But physically I feel pretty lousy.

So...

Rather than obsessing about and counting my calories,
(which is rather time-consuming when you cook a lot from scratch like I do)
I'm simply going to go on a 31-day fast from desserts and sugary foods.
Kind of like cleaning out my system and resetting my sugar-meter.

And since I've now mentioned it on the blog, 
I'm going to have to be accountable on the blog, too.
It will make it easier for me to stay on track.

I won't post about it every day on this main page, but I've created a new page in my blog (see above tabs) where I'll log my success and experiences.  Or you can just click this link here.

Here's to success!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, yes, to your success!! I'll be watching. When you find the answer to a pick me up on a bad day that doesn't include money or food, and can be done even if you have small children and a million responsibilities, please let me know. I'll help you market it and we'll laugh all the way to the bank!!

Jayne said...

Good luck with this!I'm more of a baby steps kind of gal and will start out with a day, then two days, and so forth. Hope this works for you.