Thursday, March 1, 2012

Double-Decker Pizza Lasagna

I had to get creative with dinner the other night.

One girl wanted lasagna rolls, one wanted pizza.  
I needed something that would bake quickly so we got a little of both.


I laid 6 cooked lasagna noodles on a foil-covered cookie sheet.

Topped it with sauce, pepperoni, and some lightly sauteed zucchini and garlic.

Mixed together equal parts low-fat cottage cheese (small curd) with shredded co-jack cheese.  Added a generous serving of grated Parmesan cheese and mixed it all together with my fingers.

Still using my fingers sprinkled it on top of the zucchini and pepperoni.  (Isn't this gorgeous?)

Added a second layer of noodles.

And topped it off with the rest of the sauce, more shredded cheese, and some sliced Roma tomatoes for me and Ben.

Baked it at 375-400 degrees for 15 minutes and got this.

Served it with tossed salad and had a fantastic meal with leftovers to spare.

p.s. My "pizza sauce" recipe is nothing more than a can of Italian-style diced tomatoes pureed in the blender with some tomato paste to thicken it up.  Fabulous every time.

No comments: