Monday, September 10, 2012

It's a Jungle Out There!

Actually, it's just a really, REALLY neglected flower bed...

It's been a hot summer, and it's not my forte.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.


Fortunately for me, we had a women's activity at church the other night where people went out to help each other with small service projects, and I got lucky!  Sam and Angela were fabulous and helped me clear out all the weeds and most of the grass and even helped me kill some spiders (yes, we have black widows).

Does it look so much better?!  It's like the plants that are supposed to be there can breathe.

After they left I sprayed it down with crabgrass and weed killer, and waited a few days to make sure the grass left was, in fact, dying.  This morning I couldn't wait any more, and I spread out my 400 lbs of dirt and 8 cubic feet of cypress mulch.  I even planted a few mums and some coral grass!

Now I just need to get some annuals for the big pot on the left and then I'll be satisfied.  

I hope I can keep up with it now.  Thanks again, ladies!

No comments: