Thursday, September 6, 2012

Room Re-do

We had to put the girls back together - partly because of Olivia's attitude, and partly because we just needed the space. (We REALLY need to move into a house with more bedroom space!)

Since the bunk bed we picked out was black and white and Olivia's new favorite color is bright purple, we decided to go with those colors.  Yes, there's still stuff cluttering the floor in this picture, and the ladder didn't get delivered with the bed (we'll get it this weekend), but I think it turned out quite nicely!

One of my pet peeves is that the girls won't use their top sheets, and I can't wash comforters often enough to make it sanitary to use them without sheets.  So this time I didn't bother buying expensive bedding.  I simply went to Hancock, found some cool purple fleece (that just happened to be on sale), and sewed it to the back of the top sheet!  Perfect blanket for 9 months out of the year.

Incidentally, the girls broke yet another drawer on their dresser and I discovered it during the rearranging.  Rather than buy them something else they could destroy, I ended up getting them Rubbermaid drawers for their clothes that they don't hang up.  It worked out much better than I expected!

Now if I could just magically get them to keep it clean...

No comments: