Monday, November 5, 2012

AOG: The Internet

Okay, so I'm not doing so well getting this "Attitude of Gratitude" thing off the ground.  But the month is still young, right?

Tonight I am really grateful for the things that we can accomplish with the internet.  Today I balanced our checking accounts, reconciled our accounts, worked on our budget, spent 2 hours scouring census records trying to find proof of a great, great, great aunt's first marriage that someone asked me about, and then hopped on Facebook to some nice correspondence with some special people that I haven't seen in a while.

The internet helps me manage my life.
It brings the world (and the people in it) a little closer.
What else does it help me do?

I can see pictures and read stories and know what's going on with people I care about.
I can find recipes at the drop of a hat for a quick dinner idea.
I can make travel plans, browse itineraries, and buy tickets.
I can look up directions and travel time for any trip in about 3 seconds.
It helps me manage my business a little easier.
I use it to look up everything from movie times to restaurant reviews.
I can even use it to find specialty stores.
Or to shop without leaving my home.

Granted, the internet doesn't replace real human experiences and getting out into nature or any of that jazz, but I'd sure hate to go back to life without it.

Wouldn't you?

No comments: