Friday, September 18, 2009

It Ain't Ever Easy...

When I got up this morning, this is what I saw in my kitchen. Yep. It's a 1965 dishwasher - the original one installed in this house at construction. Fortunately for us, it broke - permanently - right after we moved in. And I expected to have it gone by 2:00 this afternoon, seeing as how the installers for the NEW dishwasher called yesterday and told me to expect them between 10 and 2. Fast forward to 11:00 am this morning. They came, they looked, they left my new dishwasher on my front porch and they left. You see, they are just delivery men. They aren't plumbers or anything like that, and wouldn't you know it that this dishwasher is hardwired in? That means it's wired directly to the electrical system - no plug. And there's no shut-off valve for the water, either, which means a plumber is going to have to install the new dishwasher. Fortunately, this is all still covered by American Home Warranty.

As Ben so aptly said, "Oh well, at least we don't have to pay for it." Well said, honey-bunches. And you get what you pay for.

No comments: