Saturday, September 5, 2009

We're In - Sort Of...

Well, after all is said and done, we are moved into our new house. For the record, I have come to the conclusion that I hate moving and if I have to do it I'd much rather pack everything into neatly labeled boxes, rent one big truck and move it all in one day. This taking a week or so is for the birds. Instead of being really worn out for one or two days, I'm running full throttle for 8! By the time we actually move, I'm running on fumes. Last night (Friday) we moved the rest of our stuff into the new house. Here are a few pictures of what my house looked like when I went to bed:



In spite of all the mess, we were very fortunate to have some friends from church that made our move go so much smoother! Friends brought over dinner on Thursday and Friday, and then we were able to farm out our other kids to friends on Friday night for the actual move. Add to this the friends that showed up and helped us actually load and unload the stuff, and Travis who has been working on our bathroom (more on that in a minute) and we've been very, very blessed in this move! Which is great, because all we have here are friends - our families are so far away!

So, the bathroom. Note to self: next time just go to Home Depot to buy the bathroom vanity. I won't bore you with all the details, but let's just say I bought a vanity top that was the right size but needed new hardware. Then I was sold (I didn't pick it out!!) a vanity that was almost 4 inches smaller in depth. Fortunately, Travis can fix the gap problem we will have behind the vanity, but unfortunately that won't happen until Monday. So as of today, my "project bathroom" has a working tub/shower and commode. The sink and floor will be done on Monday at which time I will post some lovely "after" pictures, I promise!

1 comment:

Amberdawn said...

Yay, you're done! Well sort of, now comes the fun part. I love setting up house! I'm excited for pictures!