Hey look - I'm a poet (and didn't even "knowit"). Cheesy, but I couldn't resist!
So today my handsome husband is turning 32. He is a wonderful guy, but also the sort of man that is happy to stay in the background. That's probably in part why he married me - he knew I'd been happy to be in the "frontground". He jokes that he married me so he'd have someone to do his talking for him.
Ben and I also recently celebrated our TEN YEAR anniversary! So in honor of this fabulous man that I married, I am going to give you a "Top Ten for Ben" - reasons I love and appreciate this husband o' mine. See what a lucky woman I am???
Top Ten for Ben (in no particular order)
1. He gives the BEST back and shoulder massages in the world. Whenever I've had a long day or I've been sitting at the computer for a while and it's obvious I'm stiff, he'll walk by and stop for a moment and work his finger magic all over my shoulders, back and neck.
2. He's affectionate towards his wife (that's me!) He always wants a hug from me almost as soon as he walks in the door after work. And if he doesn't get one right away, he generally comes in and snags one while I'm fixing dinner.
3. He does housework without complaining when asked.
4. He knows how to sort and pre-spot laundry.
5. He knows all sorts of trivia (i.e. useless) facts about about movies, TV, and the people in them.
6. He can fix a toilet. There are some things in life I just don't want to have to do.
7. He kills bugs for me. My hero!
8. He looks up the TV schedules and tells me when the shows I want to watch will be on.
9. He holds my hand and opens doors for me when we go out on dates.
10. He eats almost anything I cook without complaining. Even that one time I tried grilling unseasoned yellow squash for dinner and it was nasty.