Saturday, April 18, 2009

Back to Blogging

What, Connie?! You don't like looking at a picture of a baby with a chunk of banana hanging off his nose? But it's classic!

Actually, the real reason I've been off the blogging bandwagon this week is in large part due to this cold I had for most of the week. It wasn't really bad, but enough to induce me to go to bed early three nights in a row. And leave me no motivation for the lighthearted frame of mind that I must be in to blog - sort of.
So although we didn't do much this past week, there's a couple cute things I wanted to share. Our back yard is separated from our neighbors by an old wooden privacy fence. Yards are generally so small around here that you HAVE to have a privacy fence in order to have... well... your privacy, I guess. However, our kids and our neighbors kids are die-hard playmates. And over the past 6 months or so, our privacy fence has been disappearing piece by piece. The other day I looked outside and saw our neighbor's kid Kenneth looking through the fence wistfully. He just wants to come over so bad...

Another day I decided it was time to use up the a few hard-boiled eggs I had sitting in the fridge. I'm ashamed to say they are NOT from Easter. (No, we didn't dye any eggs this year. I know that probably makes me a bad mom, but I just didn't have it in me.) So anyhow, Kelsey and I decided to make devilled eggs for lunch. We decided to be a little creative in our presentation. Rachael Ray, eat your heart out!

Finally, to finish up our week the kids and I went to a YMCA Healthy Kids fair in town this morning so that they could get their faces painted. Kelsey wanted a pretty pink flower, of course.



Olivia, on the other hand, couldn't figure out WHAT she wanted. She's at that age where she likes doing the kid stuff, but doesn't want to appear to ENJOY the kid stuff. And she's a "tom boy" so she can't like flowers, rainbows, butterflys, or anything else like that. She finally decided to just ger her initials done:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad the pita recipe worked out!! So fun!

Connie said...

Sorry you haven't been well...Michelle and the kids, my Mom, me and everyone I can think of has some kind of cold or allergy thing going on! Connor was adorable with his hunk of banana, truly...let's face it though...stuff hanging out of the nose is only for a Mother to LOVE LOL Keep on blogging it is the best way to watch the children grow!

*Jess* said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I had to chuckle at the fence part :)

Anonymous said...

Hunter has caught a cold but he doesnt want it! LOL