Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day #18

Even though these posts for the month are not being posted on time this week due to my being out of town (no matter what the date stamp says) we are still taking the time as a family to decide what we are grateful for each day. I have to say that for me, this has helped make one of the best Thanksgiving seasons we have had in a long time. Which is great, considering it's the first year I have to learn how to cook a turkey. Since Ben and I were married we have had Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Gin's house with the rest of the clan on his mom's side. Last year we had moved to Oklahoma and shared Thanksgiving dinner with our neighbors and they made the turkey. This year I'm considering whether it might be worth it to get Ben an early Christmas present of a turkey fryer. Assuming they even sell them in Oklahoma, that is.

Ben is grateful for... Achievement Nights. This is a bi-monthly activity they have at church for girls 8-11 years old. He apparently likes having something to do with the girls at night while Connor and I are gone. Apparently, we are the party.

Anita is grateful for... baggage carts at the airport. Specifically, the wonderful, kind soul who left one sitting in the middle of the long-term parking lot at the Wichita airport. I was wondering how in the world I was going to get a baby, a suitcase, and a car seat to the terminal, and praying that it would work out somehow - and quickly since I was cutting closer than intended. And lo and behold, there I was browsing the aisles looking for a parking space and I saw it. Next to the only vacant spot I had seen in the course of 3 or 4 aisles, no less. What were the chances of that actually happening? It reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "A coincidence is simply a small miracle where God prefers to remain anonymous." I don't know who said it, but I wholeheartedly agree!

Olivia is grateful for... being able to play at Zandi's house today.

Kelsey is grateful for... her first LOOSE TOOTH. Can you believe it?! The day I leave, and she gets a loose tooth. I NEVER go anywhere without the family! It better not fall out before I get home, that's all I have to say.

Connor is grateful for... flight 1500 from Atlanta to Charleston. It wasn't full at all, so he actually got a seat of his own and got to be buckled up a like a big boy! At least until he fell asleep on Mommy's lap during takeoff...

No comments: